Sign up to receive our best holiday
deals delivered to your inbox FREE!
Booking Conditions Essential Information
Northern Holidays Ltd. Booking Conditions
These Booking Conditions apply to your booking with Northern Holidays Ltd of Catalan House, 133 Oldham Road, Middleton, Manchester, M24 2LD United Kingdom (“we” or “us”). Northern Holidays Ltd has several websites and trading names i.e. www.guesthotels.co.uk. References to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
Our aim is for our booking conditions to be understandable and easy to read, however if you have any further questions then please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
We act in the following capacities: as a Principal to help you to arrange individual holiday products, Our obligations to you may vary depending upon which arrangements you book with us, and we set them out below as clearly as possible.
Terms of Business
1. About us – Northern Holidays Limited (company number 2552450) trading as Guesthotels (“guesthotels.co.uk”) whose registered office is at catalan house, 133 Oldham Road, Middleton, Manchester, M24 2LD, is a sales agent appointed by the owners and/or providers of accommodation and transfer services (“Products”) to sell Products on a non-exclusive basis in the United Kingdom and Europe on their behalf to travel agents for onward sale to individuals wishing to use the Products (“Customer(s)”). None of the Products are subject to the Package Travel, Package Holidays of Package Tours Regulations 1992. Bookings can only be made by travel agents. In making a booking and receiving payment the travel agent does so as the Customer’s agent, guesthotels.co.uk accepts no responsibility for the provision of the Product by the Principal. The Principal has a contract with the Customer for the provision of the Product and copies of the terms and conditions of contract are available on request. The Customer makes an offer to buy Product to the Principal which bedswithease.com, as agent, are free to accept on behalf of each Principal or to reject it.
2. Payments – Some Customer may pay a deposit at the time of booking and the full balance is required no later than 14 days before arrival at the accommodation. Payment in full must be made if the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date. A accommodation voucher will be sent to the agent to send to the Customer. The voucher will identify the Principal and entitles the Customer to use the Product. If full payment is not received by guesthotels.co.uk by the balance due date at the latest, guesthotels.co.uk may, on behalf of the Principal, assume that the booking is cancelled. All payments received by guesthotels.co.uk as at the date of cancellation will be retained by way of a cancellation fee and guesthotels.co.uk will pass on any additional changes from the Principal. If guesthotels.co.uk does not receive full payment from the travel agent the Product will not be provided to the Customer without further payment.
3. If you Change or Cancel your Accommodation – Any changes or cancellations must be sent in writing, by email or post, and will take effect on the day guesthotels.co.uk receive it during the hours of 9 am to 5.30 pm. The cancellation charges are:
Period before departure within which notice of cancellation or major change is received by guesthotels.co.uk Amount of cancellation charge:
Any time after booking date: 10% i.e. full deposit (if Applicable)
07-01 days 2 days of the stay
Arrival date or later 100%
4. Changes or cancellation by the principal – guesthotels.co.uk will inform the travel agent as soon as reasonably possible of any changes or cancellations. If the Principal offers alternative Product or a refund, it will stipulate a timeframe for a reply. In the absence of a reply within this timeframe, guesthotels.co.uk on behalf of the Principal is entitled to assume a full refund is required. Failure to make payment to guesthotels.co.uk by the due date as set out in clause 2 means that guesthotels.co.uk will, on behalf of the Principal, regard the booking as cancelled by the Customer. All sums received or due at the date of cancellation may be retained by guesthotels.co.uk. Additional charges of the Principal as set out in its terms and conditions will be passed on to the Customer.
5. Helath and safety – As agent guesthotels.co.uk relies on the detailed information provided by the Principal. The Principal carries out its own health and safety inspections and is satisfied that it complies with the relevant laws of the countries in which the Product is located. As agent guesthotels.co.uk relies on the information provided by the Principal. The Customer has the benefit of the warranties given by the Principal.
6. Private and your personal information – The booking information is passed on to the Principal or other persons necessary for the provision of Product, including public authorities, such as customs or immigration, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information such as details of any disabilities. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. For travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in the UK. If bedswithease.com cannot pass on the Customer’s booking information as above, whether in the EEA or not, the booking cannot be provided. In making this booking, the Customer consents to this information being passed to the relevant persons. Northern Holidays Limited is the data controller and the Customer is entitled to a copy of the information by making a request of its travel agent. There may be a small charge for providing this information.
7. Complaints – guesthotels.co.uk is responsible for making the booking in line with the Customer’s offer to make a booking. The Customer’s contract is with the Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, guesthotels.co.uk accepts no responsibility for the provision of the Product by the Principal. Complaints should be addressed to the Principal and guesthotels.co.uk undertakes to ensure that the full contact details of the Principal will be provided to the Customer if they are not already printed on the voucher. The Customer has the benefit of warranties given by the Principal.
We all do our best to give you/your client an enjoyable, trouble-free holiday, but occasionally even the best laid plans can go wrong. If you have a problem or complaint about the overseas part of your holiday you must tell your accommodation/hotels whilst abroad as soon as possible so that it can be sorted out on the spot. This must be reported to the your accommodation/hotel immediately. If matters are not resolved to your satisfaction locally, If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint. If your complaint cannot be resolved there and then, you must complete a report form at your accommodation in the resort. You will be given a copy of the form to keep so you can send to your Travel Agent. You must also tell the hotel that you are going to complain to the accommodation supplier. Please note the time limit to complain is 14 days after your arrival at your home, and if you fail to file a complain to your Travel agents within the 14 days, your complain will automatically void.
8. City taxes and resort fees – City Taxes are not included but do apply in most tourist cities. Similar to city taxes, various hotels in the USA charge a resort fee for full use of facilities. It is the responsibility of the Travel Agent to advise the customer of any additional charges that may apply upon arrival. guesthotels.co.uk staff are on hand to provide further information if necessary.
9. Law and jurisdiction –These terms of business are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction.
10. Pricing – All prices on www.guesthotels.co.uk are to be sold to any nationally. It is the lead passenger’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the party are in possession of an up today passport or ID card in order to book at the prices stated, guesthotels.co.uk are not responsible for passengers’ failure to adhere to these conditions, which may result in refused entry or additional local charges upon arrival.
11. Hotel star and ratings – guesthotels.co.uk uses the official star rating for all hotels, apartments and villas featured on our website. From time to time ratings may be changed based on information given by the hotel or supplier. For Florida villas we use star ratings as a guide only. These ratings are given on the advice of our suppliers, based on location, quality and facilities.
12. Erros and omissions – Whilst every effort is made to guarantee accuracy there may be occasions where errors or omissions occur. This may relate to price, product or description being incorrectly displayed. In these exceptional circumstances we will do our best to correct such errors and notify agents as quickly as possible. In cases that arise where price differences occur we reserve the right to cancel the booking with a full refund, offer the booking at the correct price or offer a suitable alternative.
13. Website and other information – All information contained in our website or which is otherwise produced or published by us is based on information available at the time of publication. We reserve the right to change any website or other information before your booking is confirmed and the amended information will then form part of your contract with us. If any part of these Booking Conditions is found to be unfair or unreasonable, the remaining terms will still be valid. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our website. We reserve the right to correct errors prior to confirming your booking.
You must ensure you check all details of your chosen vacation (including the Price) with us at the time of booking.
14. Holiday Villa, Homes, Condos & Townhomes – Damage Waiver – You will be aware that we have for some time been offering a property damage waiver plan for guests in place of leaving the customary security deposit. We have found that the provision of such a plan derives many benefits for valued guests and homeowners alike. The waiver fee of $69 is included in all our prices. The plan will provide that we will waive any charge for accidental damage caused by a guest up to a maximum of $1500.
15. Special request – If you have a special request, we will do our best to help, but we cannot guarantee it except as set out below. Please advise us of your requests at the time of booking and make sure that we are given as much details possible. If your request is vital to your vacation, it must be specifically agreed with us or at the time of your booking. We promise to comply with any special request, which has been specifically agreed, general confirmation that a special request has been noted or has been passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of a special request on your confirmation and account or on the acknowledgement of your booking or any other documentation is not a confirmation that the requests will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability. If any additional cost is applicable, it will either be invoiced to you prior to your departure/arrival or should be paid for locally
16. Your accommodation – Your accommodation is the key to your vacation so we provide as much information as possible to help you choose the right one. Individual descriptions give you basic facts, figures and photographs or several aspects of the accommodation. It is only fair to point out that not every room in each property is identical or has the same views. Distances are usually measured from the nearest point or public access, so if you have a room in the grounds, it may be further away or nearer than stated.
17. Villas, Condos & Townhomes – These are self-contained units with separate bedroom, shower room or bathroom and are usually on one level, although they may occasionally be split-level. They are equipped with basic cooking facilities (minimum of two cooking rings and fridge) and have crockery, cutlery and utensils for the maximum number of people who can occupy it. All are provided with bed linen and towels (not beach towels), which are changed at least once a week. Descriptions tell you how many adults and children’s can occupy.
18. Hotel rooms – Bedroom descriptions are as follows: Twin = Room with 2 single beds; Double = room with a double bed; single rooms are scarce and may not be the same General standards as twin rooms; they may be similar with no balcony. Three or four bedded rooms usually mean a twin bedded room with extra folding or bunk beds so you will need to be prepared for less space. Extra beds may well be the folding types or camp bed style, which are easier to move in and out of rooms.
19. Accommodation deposits – In some properties you may be asked to pay a deposit locally on arrival (refundable when you leave) in apartments, Condos and villas to cover accidental damage or breakage.
20. Check-In/Ccheck-Out – Checking in and checking out times vary slightly from resort to resort, but generally are as follows: check in from 2:00pm (on occasions may be later); check out on last day of your vacation is normally 11:00am . In some cases you may have to wait to access your accommodation depending on your flight arrival time or have several hours before your homeward flight departs. Wherever possible a room will be made available for changing or storing luggage. Sometimes hotel may let you keep your room (arranged in resort) but they are entitled to make a charge directly to you. This is not normally possible with apartments.
21. Swimming pools – Hotels usually only heat swimming pools during cold weather and subject to the number of clients in residence. The decision must of course rest with the establishment. Occasionally pools will not be available at the very beginning of the season; however, we will endeavour to advise you prior to departure. Occasionally pools will be filled with seawater.
22. Smoking policy– You should be aware that many hotels, restaurants and other venues are being designated non-smoking, often because of local or national legislation, if you believe that such restrictions will seriously impair your vacation plans, please check with us before booking. If we are aware if any restrictions we will confirm this information upon request, but we must stress that we are unable to alert you of any changes that may be made after booking is confirmed.
23. Accuracy – Although we try to offer accurate and up to date information at all times, there may be occasions where facilities and services may become unavailable either due to low occupancy, for maintenance or at the beginning or end of season. We do not accept responsibility for any services that are withdrawn for such reasons. Hotel room images on our website are predominantly taken from the hotel’s own website and may not reflect the actual room you have reserved. We endeavour to advise customers of any building works that may detract from customers’ overall enjoyment of their holiday. These works are out of our control and although we don’t always receive prior notification, if we are advised of such works we will contact you immediately)
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS – All graphics, logos and content Copyright Northern Holidays Ltd ©2002, All contents of this Web Site are either registered trademarks of Guesthotels.co.uk and/or its affiliates or trademarks licensed to Guesthotels.co.uk and/or its affiliates. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.